Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Lemon Cookie Ice Cream


 I'm obsessed with lemon. Lemon candles, lemon lotion, lemon salad dressing, lemonade!! So when I saw these babies at the store....

 Come. To. Mama. I may or may not have shouted that in the store. The kids thought I was nuts. They might be the best food on earth..and I'm not even a sweets person. At any rate, the kids actually came up with the idea of smashing these cookies into vanilla ice cream and voila! This recipe was born!! It's soooooo good. If you've never made your own ice cream, make it. TODAY!!!



Lemon Cookie Ice Cream

2 cups of heavy cream or half and half
2 cups of whole milk
1 cup sugar
1-2 teaspoons lemon extract
Juice of one lemon
Pinch of salt
10 Lemon Oreos, crushed
5-6 drops of yellow food coloring (optional!)

1. Whisk all ingredients expect Oreos in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves.

2. Pour into ice cream maker and allow it to churn for about 15 minutes.

3. Add in crushed Oreos and churn for an additional 15 minutes or until the ice cream consistency is like soft-serve.

4. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze an additional 2-3 hours or until desired firmness (I prefer my ice cream like soft serve!)

5. Sprinkle additional Oreos on top!


I have some pretty good helpers!!



Enjoy!! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...