Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

July Goals

I meant to post this July 1st but got a little behind. What else is new?? Anyway, we all make New Years resolutions but I've decided to make monthly goals-- which I feel are a little more short term and attainable. I could go crazy but I'm keeping it to five this month:

1) Read. As in, books. I need  to read more than my stupid phone and the iPad. I'm reading one faith-based book and two "just for fun" books:

Love the One You're With: I love Emily Giffin! I used to read all of her books BC (before kids!) when I actually had time to sit down and open a book. It's just fun, sit-by-the-pool reading and sometimes it's just what I need!


Redemption: This author and series came highly recco'ed by a BFF and I can't WAIT to read it! The Amazon description had me hooked. A great, sentimental story about family relationships with a Christian overtone. Sign me up! I immediately ordered this on on Kindle.

Unabridged Christianity: This is my "faith-based" book and it is NOT a sit-by-the-pool romance novel. It's our church's current "book club" book and it takes some thought and reflection. I can only read it in the morning when everyone else in the house is still sleeping and I can completely focus. I've read the first 3 chapters and it's awesome what I am learning about faith!


 2) Drink more water. Sounds weird and easy but I really need to do it. My skin has been so dry these days! I know drinking water will help all-around!

 3) Say "I do" every day. When Scott and I renewed our vows last year, our priest told us that saying "I do" is not just for our wedding day. It should be said every single day as a reminder of the commitment you made and your promise of making it through the day--together-- "for better or for worse." We did it for several months after our vow renewal but have since slacked :)


4) Make sure to spend one-on-one time with Brooke. As Scott says, at 8 1/2, she's half way out of the house! Yes, she'll be going to college at age 17!!! She's growing up so fast and it's important for us to have one-on-one time at least once a month. Last month we went to lunch and it was so nice to spend time with her without any interruptions.

5) Get more organized with dates and birthdays via and old-school paper planner. I've tried to keep my Google calendar up to date but I'm not always on my computer and for me, it's easier to write things down on paper. Here's the planner I'm getting-- Erin Condren Life Planner (only mine won't say "Michelle!" LOL!)

It's perfect for me and my crazy life!


There are my 5 goals for July! Wish me luck!!! What are your goals??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...