Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Catholic School Bound!


Given that we are such a strong Catholic family (haaaa!!!!!!!!), we have made the tough decision to move Brookey from her Montessori program, to the formal structure of a "real" preschool. There won't be any nuns rapping her knuckles with a ruler and she doesn't have to wear a uniform, but this preschool is very structured, organized and from what Scott and I observed, the teachers seem great and very experienced. The school comes highly recommended by many of our neighbors and Brookey's friend Maddie will be attending this fall as well.

Our plan is to keep Brookey home from April to August while I play stay-at-home mommy for 5 months and attempt to keep my sanity. When I go back to work, Brookey will start the school year at St. Dominics.

We've been struggling with where (or IF we should) send her to "real" preschool. We went to the Open House this school had and put our name on the waiting list. According to the application, non-Catholic families and non-St. Dominics chruch-goers were LAST LAST priority. However, as with life, connections are everything :-) I think our friends who are chruch members definitely helped us get bumped to the the top of the waiting list. It's all about who you know... :-)

At any rate, I am sure it will be an adjustment for all of us, but I definitely think it will be best for Brookey. And yes, I WILL cry on the first day of school!

1 comment:

  1. Holy $hit, Oh Hay-Seuss, GAWD!

    Never in a million years would I have thought that the Rooney's were holy rollers, let alone CATHOLIC holy-rollers. :-)

    All kidding aside, I'm sure the school is going to be great for Brooke and will get her off to a great start as she begins her educational adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...