Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Balance

Last school year, I worked 2 days a week at Brookey's small Catholic school teaching kids who needed a little extra help. I absolutely loved my job. However, I questioned my ability to to be sane enough to handle actually going to back to work with three kids.

If you asked me one month ago if I was going to go back, I would have said NO WAY, no how. I know people may see my situation from afar and think: "She works TWO days!! How can she not go back???" In my experience, most all of those people do not have three relatively young kids! I just could not fathom the craziness of having to balance everything I do at home PLUS trying to be coherent enough to teach two days.

Well, over the past month there have been several amazing things that have fallen into place (many of which I cannot explain except chalk it up to God's grace). So all the details aside, I am going back to work 2 days a week!! I almost feel like the decision was made for me in some strange way. All the stars just aligned and both Scott and I were amazed at how things just came together.

I did a "test run" of the whole going back to work situation last week when I had a few meetings to attend at school and it actually felt amazingly liberating. I could actually drink my coffee in peace, uninterrupted!! I got to socialize with my amazing friends/coworkers who are all awesome. And the best part--all my kids were happy as clams to break free from Mommy for a bit. I couldn't ask for a better situation--doing what I love, working at my kids' school, having amazing people caring for my kids and I get to use my brain a little :)

So right now, I feel like everything is in balance. I absolutely could not do anymore than 2 days and keep everything in balance the way I want it. Family ALWAYS comes first, no matter what. First and foremost I have to be able to have the energy to keep my family first. Things will be crazy, things would be crazy if I didn't work, too! Even crazier, I think!!

School starts tomorrow!! Bye bye summer....it was fun while it lasted...home with 3 kids all summer. Doesn't get much crazier than that!

2 comments:

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...