Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

No Fear

Not in a million years would I ever describe Brookey as "fearless." This child has been what I like to call, "cautious" for as long as I can remember. Heck, she's been downright afraid of everything, it seems like! Dogs, bees, amusement park rides that go up too high, roller coasters, large, human Disney characters (Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc.) weird looking food, feeling comfortable in large groups of people, loud noises...the list goes on.

However, I found it truly amazing this weekend when the "wild creature birthday party show" pulled out every nasty, stinky, slimy, horned, legless creature from a huge bin, she acted as if she had died and gone to heaven. Her enthusiasm was so apparent that all the parents were saying how "fearless" she was. Fearless? Who? Not my kid!!! [Well, not Brooke at least. Now Buddy...]

Now, after a few drinks and about an hour or so of some smooth talk, someone could have convinced me to maybe,maybe touch that giant python. This was Brookey (yelling!) "C'MON GUYS!! They're bringing out the giant python! Let's hold it!!!" Ummm....who are you and what have you done with my sweet Brooke?

I was actually quite proud of my baby for being the only girl who would get within 10 feet of that snake. Even after the animal rescue people told the kids, "Now, this snake can kill you." Nice. But it was fun to see her so excited about something...as weird as it was. Maybe she'll be a vet. Who knows?

Touching some nasty lizard something-or-other. She would have taken it home if I would have let her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...