Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rite of Election

For the past year, I have been going every Tuesday night to classes to prepare me for the Catholic sacraments of baptism, communion and confirmation. Since I was never baptized, this has been a long time coming and I cannot express how happy I am to have found my faith community. It's truly been one of the most amazing experiences of my entire life.

The big celebration will happen during Easter but there are several other smaller "celebrations" in between....if you know anything about Catholics, we like to celebrate! :) This past weekend my class visited a cathedral in Sacramento which I honestly felt rivaled some of the cathedrals in Europe--it was just gorgeous. This "field trip" was called the Rite of Election. It was a beautiful ceremony and I even got my picture taken with the Arch Bishop...although I really have to admit I felt like I was standing in line at Disneyland to get my picture taken with Belle or some other Disney character! It was pretty funny!

Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento


Say Cheese! He even kinda looks like a Disney character! Seems like a very nice guy...

My class--GREAT, SUPER people!!!!

1 comment:

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...