Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

We spent Christmas at home this year--as I insist on doing until the kids are older--and had a great time! We hosted my parents and my cousin Lucas, who was on leave from Basic Training in Georgia.

It was nice and relaxing--the day was spent eating, drinking and trying to dodge the enormous mounds of boxes and wrapping paper. My kids are truly spoiled. I always tell Brooke that "when I was a kid" I only got 2-3 presents. Our kids got probably 50 presents EACH. Insanity. I just got done dividing them between toy boxes (they can play with these now), storage (we'll take them out in 3-6 months when they're bored with the toy box toys, and my mom's house (it'll be like Christmas all over when they go to visit!).

It was a great day and although we couldn't spend it with all of our loved ones, we as a family, are truly blessed to have so much love in our lives!! Tiny Tim said it perfectly: "God Bless us, everyone!"

PS--Typical Rooney family picture above...Buddy refused to get out of his car for one second to take a pic, and Scott is trying to hold Brookey down to keep her from clocking her brother in the head and pushing him out of the car!

Gift from Santa :) (Brooke and Buddy both fight over it, so we got a lot of bang for our buck!)

Brookey & Cousin Lucas


He loves his trucks!

The destruction!! I think this way halfway through opening presents!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun Christmas! Our kids are spoiled too. It's so much fun though!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...