Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

And They Said It Wouldn't Last...

Well, my 1 1/2 month stint as a full-time stay at home mom didn't last! This isn't to say I didn't have every intention of staying home for at least a full year. However, I was very emotional about leaving the classroom and my job altogether and no part time positions were available at the time.

Someone was watching over me, though and about a month after school ended, a position came open at Brookey's private Catholic school. The position was for a special ed teacher, 2 days a week...working in the classroom right next to Brookey's Kindergarten class! Even better, this position doesn't include endless paperwork, lawsuits, lengthy report writing, bureaucracy (all of which my old job entailed!!)...all I do is work with kids. I can't think of anything more perfect for this point in my life.

I'll be working Tuesdays & Thursdays and Buddy will go back to his "baby school" 2x a week and get a little social interaction. I'm so excited to transition into this much-needed balance in my family and professional life!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, perfect! Although, I think you will find (like I did) that it will be hard to do both jobs, well. It'll be a constant battle of sinking, swimming and staying afloat. Sorry to be such a pessimist, but you and I have had long conversations about this ... Nonetheless, excited that this is what YOU want!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Casey - it sounds like you will have a great balance of professional and family life! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! I'm glad you were able to find something and still have time to stay home too, sounds like a perfect balance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...