Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finally, they're giving me some REAL food!



We weren't planning on starting Will on solids until 6 months. At 4 months we tried and he could care less. Then I thought since he started daycare at 5 months, I didn't want to throw too many new things at him, so I thought waiting until 6 months would be fine. Until this past week when his daycare teacher mentioned, "Uh...have you thought about starting solids??" Apparently, he's been DRAINING his bottles and is just hungry a lot during the day. So we decided to give it another shot.

He's still getting used to it, but so far he's taking to sweet potatoes mixed with rice cereal. Yummy, yummy! We're going to try peas next. I made his food from scratch for the first time and it was so easy!!! I am just freezing them in those little Glad freezer/microwave containers. Two sweet potatoes makes about 12 "jars" of food! For less than $2! What a deal :) It's not very time consuming, either!!! I can't wait to see the messes he makes!!!!

1 comment:

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...