Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 Months Old!

Will turned five months old this week! It was a BIG week for him--his first day of "school" was Tuesday! I was a little nervous because I took him to his school to meet everyone on Monday and he gave me his classic "concerned/wrinkled/I need Botox" look and then he stuck out his lip--what he does when he's about to cry. I made Scott drop him off Tuesday and I of course expected schedules and everything would be off and he might cry as he adjusted to his new surroundings. To be expected. But Scott said he was just fine when he dropped him off.

I called around 1pm and the teacher was just raving saying what a GOOD baby he was (NO CRYING) and that he was napping and eating right on schedule. She said he went down for naps with no crying or anything...just fell right asleep and woke when it was time to eat. For those of you who read other blog, you know what a big feeling of pride this gives me!!! :-)

Most important, he's been coming home HAPPY, well rested and is going to bed at his normal time--just like always. So things are going really well for him so far. He's definitely become more active this month--LOVES LOVES the Jumperoo! We already had to raise it to the second level! And he's trying really hard to crawl--poor kid--i think his belly is too big to lift off the ground! He's beefy and eating well but I don't think he was near as big as Brooke at this age. He's still my baby--thank goodness!

Still no solids yet. We tried at 4 months and it didn't really fly. And now at 5 months he's making the transition to daycare, so I don't want to throw one more thing at him. He seems totally content right now and he's sleeping well, so we're going to start at 6 months. I'm in no really hurry this time around.

Overall, it's been a good month for Little Old Buddy!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the transition is going well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Will is 5 months already!!!! He is so cute Casey.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...