Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Room Mom Project

The Room Mom job is no joke. I think I spend more hours on this non-paying job than I do on my real, paying job!! One of the main room mom duties is to plan, design and create a fabulous class project for the school's annual auction fundraiser. These fundraisers are amazing. The last one I went to auctioned off a fire pit that went for over $2,000. So I decided that would be a great project for our Kindergarten class. Luckily I had some help from an art studio who knew that they were doing...because I sure didn't!

We just purchased a plain old fire pit from Target.com. Then we had the kids all paint a different "tile" to represent the 4 seasons...leaves for fall, suns for summer, butterflies for spring and snowflakes for winter [note: after leading that project with the Kindergarten class, I felt the intense need to sleep for 3 days]:
Then I glued all the tiles onto the edge of the pit with some kind of cement glue:
I delegated another mom to grout the sucker and voila! A one of a kind fire pit...which will be auctioned off with 2 very nice bottles of wine and a fuzzy blanket with all the kids pictures on it! After seeing the pit, Scott says he's entering the bidding next Saturday night at the event. $2,000 later...we set the neighbors house on fire because our backyard is so small!! Ha!! I told him it wouldn't be a wise purchase but his heart is in the right place :)

3 comments:

  1. Wait ... did he bid on it and win? Or, you're just envisioning the blaze in your backyard? ;-) Very crafty. Remember when we made chai tea mix for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! No, he didn't bid...i just picture us catching the house on fire if we did have that in our backyard! You know, I just recently threw out some old tea mix (Liptons) that I found in the back of my pantry from that day we made the chai! That was so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...