Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference


I definitely stress about some things more than most normal people. I'm working on it, really. But I felt like I going to throw up before Brooke's parent teacher conference! Why....I have no idea! What was the WORST they could say in Kindergarten?? She needs a little help with her ABCs? She needs to work harder on counting? I guess my worst fear was that they'd tell me she was extremely young and not as "advanced" as her peers. Anything academic-related I know I can help her with, at this point in her school career. [Come 4th grade and I might have to turn her over to Daddy for math help!!] But I always wonder about our decision to send her to Kindergarten at age 4, even though 98% of me thought it was the right decision for her.

You always feel warm and fuzzy when you're child succeeds at something. But I think the best feeling is when your child is successful at values and traits that you have been working so hard to parent them on. The things I heard from her teacher--hard worker, polite, friendly, has a lot of friends, gets along well with others, joy to have in class, she's happy to be here--those are the traits that I have always wanted to hear from her teachers. And academically she's right on par. In fact, her teacher told me to stop stressing about it so much. :) I think I will. And I finally know that we 100% made the right decision to send her to Kindergarten this year.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the fire pit Casey! It so beautiful and somebody is going to enjoy it for years to come. Proud of you and all your helpers as well.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...