Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Room Mom


Despite the stiff competition, I was able to edge out the other very talented, qualified moms for one of the the coveted "Room Mom" positions in Brookey's Kindergarten class next year! :-)

It is STILL up in the air whether or not I will be working half time or not at all next year. But either way, I will need something productive to do with my time off. This will also give me an opportunity to keep tabs on Brookey at school! Not that I am a control-freak or anything :)

I have always wanted to be involved in my kids' school, so I hope this opportunity allows me to do that without being tooooo involved. Plus, I figure I have about 3 years of this "Room Mom" thing with Brookey and after that, I doubt it will be "cool" for her mom to be anywhere near her school. I want to enjoy this while it lasts :-)

2 comments:

  1. Send me an e-mail .... why would you be working part-time or not at all next year? Budget cuts? What's going on? Has it become more of a scheduling nightmare with Brooke going to Kindergarten, half day and trying to figure out after school care, etc.? It's something I worry about, although I have a number of years ahead of me before I really need to panic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Casey. I am proud of you for wanted to be "Room Mom". I wish that I had the opportunity to do that for you.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...