Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sleep, Baby, Sleep

I tried not to have toooooo many expectations of Sarah when she first arrived. I knew as a 3rd child, she'd have her own unique personality and I couldn't compare that to the other two. However, I did have two "expectations" which were: 1) Sleeping through the night by 12 weeks and 2) Being able to put herself to sleep without having to carry her around for hours on end or have her only be able to sleep in her swing or something like that.These are two things I learned with Will that are vital to keeping a happy home :)

Of course Scott told me NOT to set ANY of these expectations because "you never know what kind of baby you'll get." Very true. Once 11 weeks rolled around I began to feel disappointed that Sarah was still waking at night, and not really seeming to move forward with sleeping more hours at night. In fact, she was regressing.

She turned 12 weeks last Saturday, so of course that little stinker decided to start sleeping through the night the Friday night before her 12 week birthday! She slept about 8 hours that night and it's been 3 nights and she hasn't turned back. Last night she slept almost 10 hours. Yep, she's the princess--making me wait until the very last moment!!! Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...