Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Friends, Sonoma and Ben F.

My childhood friend, Grace and her husband and 2 adorable kids came to visit last weekend. Grace and I figured out that we have been friends for 25 years!!! Wow--that makes me feel old...and blessed! I can actually say I have several GREAT friends I have known for 25 years ++!!

In a nutshell, the weekend consisted of amazing food and wine. All of the food cooked at home, which was most of the fun! On Saturday, we went to Sonoma to visit Benziger Winery, which is known for being a very "family friendly" place.

Now I am a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan, so I knew a certain runner up from last season's Bachelorette was connected to Benziger, however I did not in any way, go there expecting to see him! Well, Scott, with his celeb-spotting-eye (it's truly amazing) spotted Ben F. walk into the tasting room (and he IS the next Bachelor, for anyone who wants to be in the know) :). I am shameless when it comes to food or reality TV celebs (meeting Morimoto was a thrill for me), so I grabbed my camera and forced Grace to join me in a picture, along with 5 month old Ava!! She is now forever connected to Ben, too!! It was quite the highlight of the weekend!!!

The rest of the weekend was a blast, too....so much wonderful food was consumed. Definitely lacing up the running shoes....tomorrow :)

Ava enjoyed wine tasting :)


Bella looks like she's up to no good....

Kids in a vineyard

Pretty girls

Two boys in the vineyard

The kids had their own wine country picnic

The kiddie table

Matt, Scott and the rascals at Benziger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...