Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kindergarten Doctor Appointment

One word can sum this up: NIGHTMARE. I can still remember my Kindergarten Doctor appointment (AKA: The "Shot" appointment). I can remember trembling with fear and my dad telling me we'd go to McDonald's afterward.

It was no different for Brooke today. If she doesn't remember this, rest assured EVERYONE in the entire doctor's office will remember her. If there would have been a police officer nearby, I guarantee he would have stopped in to see who was getting tortured.

She ended up getting four shots including a TB test. This didn't include two shots she had to get 3 months ago and the flu shot she'll have to get this Fall. That is A LOT of pokes! And since her arms are a little on the bony side, they always give them to her in the leg. Yuck.

Poor baby. Poor Me. I was bawling along with her! You think I'd be better after 4++ years of seeing my kids get shots but FOUR is a lot of a kid who is VERY aware of everything.

But it's over now and she's ready for Kindergarten! We also found out at 43lbs she's in the 80th percentile for weight and at 46 inches tall, she's in the 97th percentile for height! Which is good, since she's starting school early. I am sure it will all even out in a few years.

Whew. Glad that's over. I have another 3 years before I have to worry about that dreaded appointment again. And of course, we celebrated at McDonald's!

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Poor Mommy! Glad it's all over and can't wait to see the first day pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember my kindergarten shots. And I thought I had the memory of an elephant! Glad it's over though. Good to know that McDonalds will make everything better. :-) At this stage, for me, it's juice boxes. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...