Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Corn Salad

I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe blogs and I modified it just a bit. I made this "salad" over Memorial Day weekend to have alongside BBQ chicken and it was awesome! Ok, not exactly low fat but it's FANTASTIC to have with anything grilled! You can make it all summer long or bring it to your next backyard BBQ potluck--I promise it will be a hit.

Backyard BBQ Corn Salad

2 cans of sweet corn, drained
1/2 small green pepper, chopped
1/2 small red pepper, chopped
2 scallions (whites and greens), chopped
1/2 cup mayo (you can use slightly more or less, I typically like less mayo). I used low fat mayo.
1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar
2 big handfuls of Chili Cheese Fritos OR good tortilla chips (gotta have this crunch and saltiness...it MAKES the dish!!). Note: before this recipe, I had NEVER bought Chili Cheese Fritos! LOL!

** You can swap up the veggies any way you want...you can use red onion, jalapeno, different peppers, and chopped tomatoes would be great!

- Mix first 6 ingredients. Chill. Add the chips right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...