Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Family Friendly Fix ~ Cheeseburger Salad

cheeseburger salad family friendly meals salad healthy cheeseburger

One of the main questions/concerns I get is: "I don't have time to cook separate meals for both me AND my family. Are the meals family friendly?"

Great question!! First off--i don't have time to cook two meals, either!!

One of my go-to family friendly "everyone is happy" meals is this Cheeseburger Salad. We love grilling year round and everyone in my family LOVES burgers! For this dinner, my family has their nice big cheeseburgers and I (usually) opt for this DELICIOUS salad....but I also eat the whole cheeseburger sometimes, too! #keepinitreal

With this salad, I get all of the elements of a cheeseburger...but with my daily dose of veggies and without the carb-laden bun. It's delish...and filling!

INGREDIENTS
1 serving

Burger
1 cooked lean beef/turkey/chicken burger with cheese (approx. 1/4 lb)
3 cups romaine lettuce
1 small Roma tomato (chopped)
1 dill pickle, sliced
1/2 avocado, diced (or guacamole)
Grilled onions (optional)

Dressing
2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon ketchup (or to taste)
1 teaspoon mustard
1-2 small sweet pickles, finely chopped

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
2. Cook burger to your liking (i like my burger medium)
3. Assemble all romaine, sliced pickle, tomato, avocado and onions in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and serve immediately!

Everyone's happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...