Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Seven on Sunday: Week 26

It's taken me some time to recover from a crazy week in San Diego, but better than never!!!

Day 1: Sunday--Family pictures day!! This was totally last minute because our other photographer had to cancel because of the rain and we couldn't find a date to reschedule! So we ended up with a Sunday photo session at at 12:30--Sarah's nap time. Lovely. An hour and three meltdowns later we somehow pulled together and there may be one or two salvageable pictures.  Maybe.


Day 2: Monday--We were leaving for San Diego on Tuesday and on Monday I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold. Ugh. So I whipped up a bowl of quick and easy homemade Pho in about 15 minutes flat. It hit the spot :) (but didn't cure me, I'm still sick!!)

Day 3: Tuesday--They're ready to go!! They got into their PJs and about 7pm we headed to Fresno for the first leg of our trip to San Diego!

Day 4: Wednesday--San Diego bound!! What a crazy trip that we'll remember forever.

They were troopers, waking up at 5:30am to leave!


Nothing says "road trip" like a stop at Burger King. Ugh. I looked for an hour for an In and Out and when I finally found one, I missed the exit. By this time everyone was ravenous, so Burger King it was!
After about 7 hours, we finally arrived in San Diego and the cousins were reunited again!!!!
They all joined the Polar Bear Club with Auntie Jen Jen! FREEZING!!!

Day 5: Thursday--Thanksgiving Day!! This was a FULL DAY of family, food, wine and chaos!!

We started the morning by cheering on Auntie Jenna in the 10k Turkey Trot!

Followed by lots of family pictures...

The 5 siblings:
 The 5 siblings and spouses: (and tiny photo bombers!!)

The cousins! Sarah's hair??! Really??

EVERYONE!!!

D

Day 6: Friday--Friday was my big girl's 9th birthday!!!! Last year in single digits :( For her birthday, we went to the San Diego Zoo, stayed in a hotel downtown and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a freakishly LONG day but I know this birthday was very special to her because she was surrounded by her extended family. It was truly her "dream" birthday!!

Zoo Fun! The SD zoo is overwhelming! I almost think it was too big--at least for little kids!


Zoo Buddies :)
Birthday Dinner

Day 7: Saturday--Our last day in beautiful San Diego! We headed to Coronado Island in the morning--a place I have ALWAYS wanted to visit! Next time we are definitely staying longer!! The beach is gorgeous!



Those are just a few of the highlights from our crazy Thanksgiving Week!!! Cheers to this week being a little more normal!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...