Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

#mindblown Faux Fried Rice

When is the last time you had an experience that you walked away thinking "Mind Blown!" Mine happened last year when I learned how to use the AirDrop feature on my iPhone- #mindblown! That was until last week, though....when I decided to "put myself out there" as they say on The Bachelor. I "put myself out there" and tried RICED CAULIFLOWER in place of rice!!!

Make no mistake--I am not a cauliflower fan. Nor am I really a fan of using "faux things" to replace "real things"  in food. Hopefully you know what I mean (think Tofurkey). However, a saw a recipe for this "faux fried rice" and I thought what the heck! It's all about getting out the comfort zone, people!


WOW WOW WOW!!! Hands down, best fried "rice" I have ever made with a lot more fiber and a lot less carbs than typical fried rice!!! Here is the kicker--I am not going to rice my own cauliflower, people. It's possible in a food processor or ricer but Mama ain't got no time for that. Trader Joes (and I am guessing other places, too!) sell frozen riced cauliflower! BUY IT. LOTS OF IT.



#mindblown Faux Fried Rice
4 tablespooon low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (or use grated, fresh)
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (OPTIONAL)
1 lb. protein, cooked (shrimp, chicken, whatever...OPTIONAL)
1 small onion, diced
1 cup carrots (i used the shredded carrots in the bag)**
1/2 cup frozen peas**
2 cups riced cauliflower, typically it's frozen when you buy it (if you use the TJ kind, use one bag)
3-4 scallions, diced for garnish
**you can use ANY veggies you have on hand! 

1. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder and chili garlic sauce (optional); set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil plus 1 tablespoon of water until hot (the water helps cook the veggies and reduces the amount of oil you have to use- #mindblown).
3. Add onion and cook until soft. Add carrot/peas/other veggies and cook a minute or so.
4. Add in frozen riced cauliflower and cook until heated through.
5. Add soy mixture and protein (if using) and stir to combine.
6. Stir in scallions and serve hot!!!

OMG. #mindblown Seriously--I'd never know I just ate cauliflower. So delish!!!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

Follow me on Instagram HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png


3 comments:

  1. Cute post, Casey!! Now I'm going to have to check out the AirDrop ;) Have a great weekend sweet friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are the last decent-sized city in the country to not have a Trader Joe's or anything similar. Shoot me. Wonder if Sprouts would have cauliflower rice? Have never been there but might be making a list of 21 Day Fix foods to shop for there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you posted this on fb I knew u wanted to try it! Next time I am at TJs so biting this! Can't wait to try it!!! I might have to make a special trip.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...