Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Foodie Friday ~ Grilled Chicken with Corn & Avocado Salsa


Now that the weather is starting to get nice and warm, all I can think about is grilling. I can also only think about the fact the swimsuit season is right around the corner! So come this time, I start wanting some super figure-friendly meals...STAT!

This is one of our faves--you can make it year-round of course, just use an indoor grill or skillet to cook the chicken (you can use my faux-grilled chicken method HERE).

Grilled Chicken with Corn and Avocado Salsa Recipe

Grilled Chicken with Corn & Avocado Salsa
(serves 2, can be easily doubled!)

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded out a bit so they are an even thickness
2 cups frozen, thawed corn kernels (canned is OK, too)
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 2 limes
1 avocado, diced
Pinch of sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Plenty of kosher salt and pepper

1. To make the salsa: Toss together all ingredients except the chicken. :) Season well with salt/pepper to taste. Refrigerate for a half hour (up to a few hours) to allow the flavors to marry.

2. Heat outdoor grill to medium high. Season chicken well with salt and pepper. Grill 4-6 minute per side (depending on how thick the chicken is) or until the juices of the chicken run clear. If grilling indoors, use my faux grilling method. 

3. Top chicken with Corn & Avocado salsa.

Summer on a plate!!!! Bathing suit weather, here we come!!!


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE 

 photo http___signaturesmylivesignaturecom_54493_88_9CE8AA3F49A05E87EC0C8AFE42F0194E_zps6da736d6.png

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good and I've been looking for something like that. I love all of the grilling that comes with the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...