Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Friday Funday: Favorites!!

Momfessionals
FRIDAY!! Woo Hoo!!!! This weekend our calendar is CLEAR, for the first time in forever...yeah, I've watched the movie WAY too many times!!!

I was going to do an all-beauty faves, but I couldn't get it together so it's just gonna be more random fun stuff...because "random" is my middle name! Here we go....

#1: EBATES ~ Have you heard of EBATES??! Neither had I until a few weeks ago!  If you do any kind of online shopping (I practically did ALL of my Christmas shopping online), you NEED to sign up for this!!! It's FREE MONEY. It's super easy--just go to the EBATES SITE and sign up for an account. Whenever you want to buy something online, just go to the EBATES site FIRST, seach for the store you want (i.e. Nordstrom to buy the coziest fleece wrap ever...keep reading...!), click on the link to the store and start shopping! You just have to be sure you START your shopping at the EBATES site and don't go directly to the store site. Other than that, you just shop like you normally would.

Most stores offer 3-6% cash back. They will always email you special deals--for instance, yesterday Nordstrom was 10% cash back! Pretty much EVERY store is on eBates...from Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Crate and Barrel and even small boutique retailers. Check it out. Even if you earn $10-15, that's more than you had before :) And it's NO TROUBLE....Super easy :)

EBATES


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


#2: The Clarsonic ~ Scott got me this last Mother's Day (after some very not-so-subtle hints) and I've been in love ever since. Not one day has gone by when I have not used this. I take it overnight, camping, everywhere. I cannot imagine washing my face without it.  It gets my face SO CLEAN and does not leave a trace of makeup. You don't have to use any fancy cleanser with it, either. I just use either Cetaphil or a moisturizing soap--whatever you normally wash your face with.  It has almost 600 near-perfect reviews on Nordstorm.com!!

Clarsonic Mia "Pink"


#3: This dress ~  I love a good deal, people. And this might be one of my best finds EVER. I found it trolling through the clearance rack at Target. It was $7.58. I spend more on shampoo! I have been looking for a casual striped dress so I grabbed it. When I came home I was shocked at how many ways I could wear it! It going to be on heavy rotation this fall/winter!!

It's online (in black/white, too!!) for $24.99, and I'd even pay full price for it! But if you can find it for $7.58, it's a MAJOR MAJOR score!

Merona Women's Knit Shift Dress

6 ways I know I'll wear it...I'm sure there are many other ways, too!! When/IF it gets colder, I'll wear navy tights or leggings and tall boots. Right now, I'm loving it with booties.

#4: Wine ~ And speaking of a deal...what's better than a wine deal?? Wine--something I know a little and a lot about. Meaning, I can't talk "wine talk" very well, but I do know a good wine when I taste it!! A few weeks ago, I was at Safeway and one of the employees was stocking the wine shelf saying he couldn't keep this particular wine on the shelves, it kept selling out. Note--he was sitting  on the FLOOR stocking the BOTTOM shelf. Not typically where I look for wine. Just sayin'.

It was on sale for about $8, and he urged me to try it and put it in my cart. When I got home, I noticed it was a screw cap. GOOD LORD!!! But of course, I opened it that night and had to try it--if it didn't work out, I'd throw it in pasta sauce.

Well, let's just say it worked out because I immediately went back to the store the next day and bought 6 more bottles. Best $8 bottle of wine I have had (and let's just say I've had a lot). It's a perfect "everyday" wine--just bold enough to make it non-"cheap wine" and smooth enough to be perfectly drinkable.  I could try to describe it in fancy wine terms, but I think I'd risk sounding like an idiot. The company (Rosenblum Cellers) describes it as "Crazy good wine." Enough said :)

Stark Raving Red Blend



#5: This sweater-wrap thingy ~  This might be one of the coziest items I own!!! It's fleece lined and sooo comfy--the perfect, classy alternative to a sweatshirt. You can wear it around the house or dress it up--it's SO versatile! I have the beige/camel color ("mink") for Fall, but I will definitely be adding a stripe and a bright colored one..maybe colbalt :)

Bobeau Fleece Wrapped Cardigan


And stop the presses!! They now have it in plaid! Ahhhhhh....#plaidlove

Plaid Fleece Cardigan


And THIS ONE is less than $20 (but they don't have my size! argh!!)

Striped Fleece Cardigan (Super Sale!!)


Have a great weekend!!!

XO ~ Casey

4 comments:

  1. What size did you get in the Target dress? Does it run true to size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, It's a tiny bit small--I'm 5'4", 115 and usually wear an XS. The one I'm wearing is XS and slightly snug in the arms--the S was too big. Hopefully you have a Target near you so you can try it on!! I love it! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried on that dress at target and I so wanted to like it but it just didn't fit my body shape well. I'm glad it worked for you though because it is super cute and versatile for Fall. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wraps, but I'm disappointed in the quality. I bought the same wrap in solid black from Bobeau a few years ago and it is so much thicker and cozier than what they are selling today. I love the new patterns, but I"m not loving the flimsy weight. Hate to see quality compromised at Nordy's :(

    ReplyDelete

Quick and Easy Meal Prep for Breakfast + Lunch + Snacks!

Ready for a SUPER quick and easy meal prep?! No joke, it took me longer to find all the lids to these containers than it did it prep my b...